Halloween isn’t just about passing out candy on October 31st. It’s really about all the days before! The gathering of friends, hanging outside in the gorgeous fall weather, crafting, and celebrating all things orange and black! What ties it all together is food! But not just ordinary edibles. You have to have Halloween-inspired goodies to make the experience even more fun and frightful. That’s where Cacique Queso Fresco comes in! One package of this soft and curd-like cheese is all it takes to produce a centerpiece that wows.
Queso Fresco and a few condiments you probably have on hand is all you need to make these delicious and silly monster cheese balls. Not only does the cheese have a tangy, salty tinge, but after you finish making these monster balls, you’ll find these monster cheese balls also have a flavorful kick (Tapatio! Jalapeños! Oh yeah!). What I like about them is they are easy for the kiddos to assemble. The Queso Fresco is soft and crumbly, but don’t let that fool you. It can be easily formed into a perfectly round ball – and then embellished with bite-sized pieces of bell peppers, olives, jalapeños and more. You can add your favorite chili sauce to add an extra layer of flavor and tint, or just use food coloring. Each monster ball is bite sized, and an individual work of art!
Serve with other Cacique cheeses or chorizo, your favorite crackers or bolillo bread slices, and frosty beverage. You can create an entire army of monsters for your guests to gobble this Halloween! Have fun coming up with facial expressions, hair, texture and colors to create the ultimate monster mash cheese ball party!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 package Cacique® brand Queso Fresco
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 6 black olives, whole
- Tapatio sauce
- Green food coloring
- Candy eyes
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Pumpkin Monster Ball: Add a bit of Tapatio to the cheese, blend and form into a ball. Use olive pieces to create a face.
- Ghost Monster Ball: Form the cheese into a ball, then roll in crumbled cheese. Add candy eyes.
- Vampire Zombie Monster Ball: Add green food coloring, form into a ball. Form cheese into teeth and press onto mouth area, add olive slices for hair, candy eyes.
- Eyeball Monster Ball: Form cheese into a ball. Add a jalapeno slice in the center and the end of an olive inside of the hole. Use a toothpick to add Tapatio sauce to make bloodshot eye streaks.