This Cheesy Enchilado Rice with Chicken recipe is an exciting blend of flavors, color, and texture! It’s all topped with Cacique cheeses for a delicious weeknight meal that will become a family favorite. My family loves to eat chicken enchiladas, so I decided to create a one pot meal with all the flavors they love. After all, I’ll jump for any opportunity to have a Mexican dinner at home. Especially, when it’s a meal that take only one pot to make and it’s ready in 30 minutes. This One Pot Cheesy Enchilado Rice with Chicken recipe is full of chicken, rice, black beans, and a zesty and smoky sauce that smothers it all. You can totally omit the chicken if you’re going meatless. Enjoy!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white rice
- ½ cup enchilada sauce
- 1 (15 ounces) can diced tomatoes
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 (15 ounces) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cup Cacique Queso Quesadilla, grated (divided)
- 1 cup Cacique Queso Fresco, crumble
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- Lime wedges, for serving
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the onion, green pepper and garlic; cook for 5 minutes or soft and fragrant.
- Add rice and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 more minutes. Add enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, cooked chicken, black beans and 1 cup of Cacique Queso Quesadilla grated; mix and bring to a boil. When most of the liquid has evaporated, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is done.
- When the rice is done, add the rest of the quesadilla cheese over the top, cover and let the cheese melt. Sprinkle fresh cilantro and Cacique Queso Fresco. Serve sever with lime wedges.