This creamy and chunky one pot Chicken Quesadilla Pasta is what’s on the table today and let me tell you, we can’t get enough of it! It’s hearty, comforting, cheesy, super delicious, and can be prepared in just 30 minutes. It is one of those all-in-one dishes that can make the most demanding palate happy, while making life easy for the cook. Basically, our kind of a weeknight meal, right?! This chicken quesadilla pasta is made with simple ingredients such as bowtie pasta, chicken, taco seasoning, Cacique Crema Mexicana Agria and Cacique Queso Quesadilla, pico de gallo, avocado, and herbs.
Cacique’s cheese and crema both shine in this colorful, happy dish! Like my children would say, “it’s a vision” and it’s so easy to prepare! And just like I expected, my family and I ate and ate and ate this pasta till it was all gone. It is already on our must-repeat dinner list! It was exactly what I needed after a full day of work and still in need of making something quick for dinner for a really hungry family. A girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do, and pull a recipe from up her sleeve to get everyone excited and fed. Definitely don’t just take my word for it, and make this one pot Chicken Quesadilla Pasta.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium white onion, finely diced
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 pack taco seasoning mix (about 0.85 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups water or low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup store-bought red Mexican salsa (mild)
- 12-ounce dry bowtie pasta
- 1 Cacique Queso Quesadilla, shredded (10 ounces)
- 1 cup Cacique Crema Mexicana Agria
- 1 jalapeño, sliced into rounds
- 8 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- juice of 1/2 large lime
- 1 sprig of fresh oregano leaves (optional)
- crushed red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a medium to large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat and sweat the onion for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the chunks of chicken, the taco seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix well until combined and let brown for about 5 minutes, stirring every now and then.
- Stir in the water and salsa. Add the pasta and let boil for about 10-12 minutes or until cooked. Add the cheese and crema and stir until cheese is melted and crema is combined. Turn off the heat and toss the jalapeño, tomatoes, and cilantro. Place avocado chunks on top and squeeze the lime over it. If desired, sprinkle oregano and red pepper flakes. Serve and enjoy!