As much as we all want to be those perfect 1950’s house wives that had an elaborate meal on the table every night, it just isn’t possible nowadays. But just because you have a busy schedule and don’t have hours to cook, doesn’t mean your quick and easy dinner needs to sacrifice in flavor. In less than 30 minutes, this One Pot Beef Enchilada Pasta takes your favorite enchiladas and turns it into a quick and easy pasta dish. It is the perfect dish for busy weeknights the entire family can enjoy!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 2 ½ cups enchilada sauce
- 1 can chicken broth (15 ounces)
- 1 cup Cacique Crema Mexicana
- 1 small can diced tomatoes with chilies
- ½ pound uncooked pasta
- ½ cup shredded or crumbled Cacique Manchego Cheese, plus more for garnish
- Shredded lettuce for garnish
- Sliced olives for garnish
- Cacique Crema Salvadoreña
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large pot on medium high heat, add olive oil, ground beef, onions, and garlic. Cook until beef has browned, stirring frequently. Once meat is cooked, add enchilada sauce, broth, Cacique Crema Mexicana and diced tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- When the mixture begins to simmer reduce heat to medium low, add pasta and cook until pasta is al dente, about 10 minutes and stirring occasionally. When pasta is cooked, remove from heat and stir in shredded or crumbled Cacique Manchego. Serve with shredded lettuce, sliced olives, and Cacique Crema Salvadoreña
- Cook’s Note (optional): Use Crema Salvadoreña for the perfect amount of saltiness for this recipe. In order for the Manchego cheese to melt evenly, use shreds instead of crumbles.