We all love mac & cheese, but nobody wants to clean the pots, pans and strainers, right? Well, this one pot Cacique Manchego Mac & Cheese has you covered. It’s the perfect option when you want a flavorful, nutritious yet easy to make meal. Now that my teenage son is learning how to cook easy recipes, we created this recipe together and it turned to be a delicious one pot meal that anyone can make.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup red onion, minced
- ½ cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cup jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup elbow macaroni pasta
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup Cacique Crema Mexicana
- 2 cups fresh corn
- 3 cups Cacique Manchego Cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a deep skillet or Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, red bell pepper and jalapeño and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes. Add corn, stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Next, add the pasta and cook while stirring for 2 minutes. Then add the milk and season with salt. Cook for 8-10 minutes until the pasta is done. Add Cacique Crema Mexicana and 2 cups of Cacique Manchego cheese and stir until melted.
- Cover the mac & cheese with the remaining Cacique Manchego cheese. Place the skillet in the center rack of the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Serve hot or warm.