Your menu for Summer Grilling or Gameday is made even more exciting with these flavorful Pork Chorizo sliders. These handheld winners, made with Cacique® Pork Chorizo and ground pork, are not only easy to make, but they are also customizable to your guests’ preferences. These juicy sliders are enrobed in shaved, nutty Cacique® Manchego cheese and topped with a dollop of Cacique® Spicy Jalapeño Sour Cream Salsa.
Great for intimate gatherings or large crowds, they also are easy to make. Just pre-season and form your patties ahead of time. The Cacique® Spicy Jalapeño Sour Cream Salsa tastes even better when made the day before and the flavors have been allowed to marry. On game day, all you’ll need to do is cook them to perfection, and set up a slider bar for your guests to top their chorizo burgers. You are free to sit back and enjoy the Big Game excitement knowing you scored big with these sliders. Football has never been as tasty, or as delicious, than it is with Pork Chorizo Slider made with the classic flavors of Cacique®!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 10 oz. packages Cacique® Pork Chorizo
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- ½ cup diced red onion, separated
- 1 small Roma tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 ½ cups Cacique® Spicy Jalapeño Sour Cream
- 10 oz package Cacique® Manchego Cheese, shaved
- 16 slider buns
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced red onions
- Hand-torn lettuce leaves
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat a griddle or cast-iron pan to 300°F.
- In a bowl, combine the Cacique® Pork Chorizo, ground pork, salt, pepper, garlic, and ¼ cup of the red onion together.
- Use a ¼ cup scoop or measuring cup to form 16 slider patties.
- Grill the patties on each side for 4-5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the remaining red onion, tomato, cilantro, lime juice, Cacique® Spicy Jalapeño Sour Cream, and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine well and refrigerate until ready to assemble the sliders.
- When the sliders are almost finished cooking, top each with a generous pinch of Cacique® Manchego Cheese.
- Split the slider buns and spread the sour cream salsa over the buns. Top each slider with a cheesy chorizo patty and garnish with sliced tomatoes, onions, and lettuce.