The good old potato salad! I love potato salad because it is quick, fun, you can customize it however you want and it’s always a hit at every party, casual get-together, picnics or barbecues.
I love the traditional potato salad but sometimes I like to try different ingredients, making a more unique version of potato salad. So I thought potatoes, green peas, Cacique® Soy Chorizo and Cacique® Queso Fresco would be a super tasty combination. And it definitely was! Success!
This potato salad is perfectly creamy and full of flavor. I love the spicy zest flavor from the soy chorizo… which, if you haven’t try it before it is the bomb. Trust me.
Not a soy fan? You can use Cacique® Pork or Beef Chorizo as well.
This is absolutely the best potato salad I have ever had and loved making it! If you’re having a barbecue bring a bowl full of this potato salad and a big spoon, and I can assure you you’ll be the hit of the party! This is a perfect side for most grilled meats or even on its own. Tostadas? Yes, please! You won’t regret it!
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 pounds red potatoes
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 large celery stalk, finely diced
- ¼ cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 cup of frozen green peas
- 1 cup of Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces Cacique® Soy Chorizo
- ¼ cup Cacique® Queso Fresco
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the soy chorizo, cook stirring and breaking up the chorizo slightly, until it's completely cooked and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt. Add the green peas and cook for 2 minutes. Drain in a colander and let them cool.
- Cut the potatoes into 1" pieces (no need to peel them). Put potatoes into a large pot and cover with a couple of inches of water. Place the pot over high heat and bring to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes or until soft. Drain in a colander. Let the potatoes cool before mixing so they won't crumble.
- In a small bowl, combine the Cacique® Crema Mexicana, mayonnaise, mustard, paprika and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl combine the potatoes, eggs, green peas, celery and red onion. Add the dressing and toss to combine. Sprinkle with soy chorizo, queso fresco and chopped parsley.