March Madness started this week and you want to impress your basketball fans with an appetizer that is a quick grab without a mess and so tasty that it deserves it’s own cheering section.
Here’s the winner! This wonton appetizer will score huge points with those hearty appetites fanatics of cheese and guacamole. That’s practically everyone, right?
The preparation process is simple and quick. Because wonton wrappers fry very quickly, the shell instantly crisps and keeps the guacamole/queso fresco filling fresh and untouched. Giving each and every single one of these morsels, a perfectly flavorful bite. Want more? Dip them in a tangy cilantro lime crema and enjoy them with a nice cold beer.
No matter which team wins, I declare this scrumptious appetizer the MVP!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 large avocado, peeled and pitted
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package of Cacique® Ranchero® Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 40 won ton wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups grape seed oil
- 1 (15 ounce) container Cacique® Ranchero® Crema con Sal
- 1/3 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 large lime, juiced
- 1 small serrano chile, chopped
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a medium bowl combine avocado, onions and queso fresco. Mix with hands until call ingredients have mixed well together.
- Place 1 teaspoon of avocado mixture in the middle of a wonton wrapper. Lightly brush the wrapper edges with egg. Fold into a triangle by folding won ton wrapper in half, pressing edges together to seal securely.
- In a medium stockpot, heat oil over medium heat. Carefully place won ton triangles into hot oil in small batches; about 7 seconds on each side. Remove from oil and place on a paper-towel-lined plate to absorb excess oil.
- In a blender container, combine crema, cilantro, lime juice and Serrano chile. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a dip bowl.
- Serve wontons with cilantro lime crema and enjoy. Keep leftover crema refrigerated in a tightly sealed container.