It’s here…football season!! Which means…snacks! Wings, pigs in a blanket, chips, salsa and guacamole are all on the rotation list for game day goodies. But what takes pride of place on game day in our house is a hot dip – whether it’s a salsa dip, an onion dip or a bacon dip game day really isn’t complete without a hot, creamy, cheesy, drippy dip..and this Queso Tomato and Artichoke Dip has got it all!
I used Cacique’s Four Quesos Blend shredded cheese and Crema Mexicana Agria instead of the more traditional cheddar/jack and cream cheese combination. The Four Quesos Blend and Crema provided that perfect marriage of cheesy and creamy with a little tang from Crema. Substituting the Crema for the more traditional cream cheese gave me a dip that was both lighter and fluffier. We loved this flavorful change and I can’t wait to try the Queso Blend and Crema in some of my other hot dip recipes.
Assembling this dip is a snap – using a few pantry staples I can stir this up in minutes and then stash it in the fridge and then pull it out and bake it to a golden and drippy perfection.
Which means I’ll spend more time watching the game than watching the food… which is a total “win” for me!!!
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups Cacique® Four Quesos Blend shredded cheese
- 3/4 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria
- One 14.5 oz. can petite diced tomatoes, drained and rinsed
- One 8.5 oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- One 7 oz. can diced green chiles
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- tortilla chips for serving
HOW TO MAKE IT
- If making just prior to serving, pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl stir together the cheese, crema, mayonnaise, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, chiles, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce until well combined. Spoon into a 5 cup casserole dish (an 8 x 8 Pyrex dish works well) and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips!
- NOTE: The dip may be assembled up to 24 hours in advance. Cover and refrigerator. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to baking.