There are those dishes in our recipe box that appeal to the entire family. This is the case with these cheese and chicken quesadillas. They are super easy to prepare, and are always a hit when served. So versatile, it doesn’t matter if you prepare them at home for a mid-week meal or if you are on vacation or enjoying the weekend with your family, camping at the beach or the mountains.
This time I did not go camping, but I invited some friends to come over and enjoy a day at our community pool where I live. After spending the afternoon at the pool, the chicken quesadillas hit the spot perfectly.
I like to make these because you can fill them with vegetables, mushrooms, chorizo, beef, pork, or your favorite filling. You can’t go wrong with this recipe. So far, I’ve created many successful combinations everyone has liked. Just look for tasty leftovers in your refrigerator or freezer. Use everything you’ve cooked for the week and add Cacique® cheese for a delicious flavor boost.
In this case, I had prepared a roasted chicken, and as always I had plenty of leftovers. I stored the leftovers and when I was pressed for dinner time, I prepared these delicious quesadillas using Cacique® Queso Quesadilla cheese. I served them with a side of Mexican rice, guacamole and a mixed salad made with another of my favorites, Cacique® Queso Blanco.
The secret is to let the cheese soften completely and incorporate with the rest of the ingredients. Cacique® cheese is always there to make meal time a complete success.
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3 cups roasted chicken, shredded
- 1/4 cup onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 cup orange bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons taco or fajita seasoning
- 12 (9-inch) wheat tortillas
- 1 package Cacique® Queso Quesadilla Cheese, shredded
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 package Cacique® Queso Blanco, crumbled
- Guacamole to serve
- Mexican rice to serve
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Heat griddle or large skillet over low-medium heat. Sauté chicken with onion, peppers and add seasoning. Stir to mix well and remove from heat.
- Place tortilla on griddle, decrease heat to low to prevent burning, sprinkle with Cacique® Queso Quesadilla, add chicken. Top with another tortilla and turn it over, you can also put on one side of the tortilla and fold. Heat until cheese melts. Remove from heat and cut into three triangles.
- Serve with guacamole, rice, iceberg lettuce and tomato salad with Cacique® Queso Blanco and enjoy.