Back to school time is here and that means busy mornings with barely any time to finish a cup of coffee, let alone make a filling breakfast. Quick and easy breakfast tacos are the answer! Especially the ones filled with not one, not two, but three different kinds of protein. Fluffy scrambled eggs are mixed with cooked quinoa and creamy queso fresco, then piled into warmed corn tortillas and topped with crumbled chorizo. Add a few slices of jalapeno for a kick of spice and you will have a breakfast that will keep you satisfied all the way through lunch.
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 (9-ounce) package Cacique® Ranchero® pork chorizo
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup crumbled Cacique® Ranchero® Queso Fresco, plus more for sprinkling
- 6-8 warm corn tortillas
- Sliced jalapenos, for serving (optional)
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Heat a dry medium frying pan over medium heat. Remove chorizo from package and add to frying pan, breaking up with the back of a wooden spoon as it cooks. Cook until browned and crumbly, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk eggs in a medium bowl until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and stir again.
- Heat oil in a separate medium frying pan over medium heat. Once shimmering, add eggs and lower heat to low. Sprinkle quinoa and cheese over the top of the eggs then gently fold them in, turning the eggs as they cook. Cook, stirring frequently, until eggs are just cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stuff egg mixture inside warmed tortillas and sprinkle chorizo and extra cheese on top. Garnish with jalapeno slices if desired and serve.