Grilling + meat = Father’s Day! My hubby is a huge carnivore, so when I was trying to come up with a dish to impress I knew it had to be grilled and it had to be beef.
I used to leave the grilling to my husband, but now I’m proud to say that I have finally mastered the grill. This Father’s Day give that special man in your life the day off from the grill and cook up these delicious burgers. They are very simple to make and believe me; after one bite your man will be putty in your hands, I know mine was.
My husband usually makes me a fabulous breakfast in bed on Mother’s Day and it’s a day I always look forward to. When it comes to Father’s Day we usually have a barbecue with family and friends. Although this year I will be out of town on Father’s Day I plan to remake this dish upon my arrival. I have a feeling my husband won’t mind a repeat of this juicy burger.
These spicy burgers with cheese inside the patties are grilled to juicy perfection. Instead of the cheese going on top of the burger it goes inside and it just makes them ooey-gooey, cheesy, and fantastic. Serve these patties on fancy brioche buns for an added touch of sophistication.
These ranchero burgers are perfect for an outdoor barbecue or Father’s Day fiesta.
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 pounds lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 6 ounces Cacique® Beef Chorizo
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 9 ounces Cacique® Enchilado Cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 soft brioche hamburger buns, cut in half
- Iceberg lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Red onion rings
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Heat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat.
- In large bowl, mix beef, chorizo, salt and pepper. Shape mixture into 6 equal-size balls. Press 4 to 6 cubes of cheese into the center of each ball and cover completely with meat. Form the balls into hamburger patties, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Place patties on grill and cook 10 to 12 minutes, turning once. During last 2 minutes place buns on grill to toast. Remove burgers and buns from grill; cover to keep warm.
- Top with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and avocado slices as desired on a toasted bun.