I only invited a few friends over to my house this year for the big game. The first question everyone asked was “What are you cooking?” No one bothered to ask which team I wanted to see win, or who my husband is rooting for. No one asked if I was going to have one of those pools with all the little boxes…all anyone seems to care about is what will be on the menu. The big game is quickly becoming America’s biggest food holiday after Thanksgiving. So I put on my thinking cap and thought nothing cheers game time on like a creamy cheesy dip. It’s comfort and nostalgia rolled into one. Digging into a hot dip right out of the oven really sets the mood of the gathering, and will attract everyone north of the television to grab a bite while they feast on the game, the commercials and the entertainment.
For this dip I charred pasilla chiles, fried up a pound of bacon, roasted corn and tied it all together with Cacique’s Queso Quesadilla Jalapeno Cheese, Panela Cheese, and Ranchero® Crema con Sal. Just for the record: Cacique’s Crema con Sal is so good you could practically drink it out of the bottle. You shouldn’t…but I wanted to. With that being said you can only imagine how beautiful this dip is. Make it for your big game gathering and no one will question what you’re serving!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 - Pasilla chiles (charred, peeled, and diced)
- 1 – pound bacon (cooked, and crumbled into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 – corn on the cob (roasted or grilled, and kernels scraped off cob) makes 1 cup
- 1/4 - cup green onion (sliced and chopped)
- 1 – cup Cacique® Queso Quesadilla Jalapeno (grated)
- 1 – cup Cacique® Panela Cheese (crumbled)
- 3/4 – cup Cacique® Ranchero® Crema Con Sal
- 1/3 – cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 – teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 – teaspoon chili flakes
- Little rounds of bread or corn chips
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Char pasilla chiles over an open flame until skin is completely burned. Place the chiles in an airtight bag and allow them to steam in their own heat for 30 minutes. Then remove the chiles from the bag and slowly and carefully peel the charred skin off the chiles under a slow stream of water. Cut off the stem and dice. Set to the side.
- Cook bacon until crisp. Follow directions on package for bacon. Once bacon is crisp, set on a paper towel lined paper plate, and allow additional grease to drain there. Crumble bacon into 1 inch pieces and set to the side.
- Roast or grill corn on the cob until kernels are slightly black and the corn is cooked through. Scrape the kernels off the cob and set to the side.
- Preheat over to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl add in diced pasilla chiles, bacon pieces, roasted corn kernels, green onion, grated jalapeno quesadilla, and crumbled panela cheese. Mix to combine. Pour crema con sal, and mayonnaise on top of the mixture and mix completely to combine. Sprinkle the top with garlic powder, and chili flakes. Mix one final time.
- Transfer mixture into a 1 quart baking dish, and place in the oven for 35 minutes or until the side start to crisp and the mixture is bubbly. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy with rounds of bread (as pictured), or corn chips. Enjoy!