This Texan loves her a good dip, so every year I look forward to my sister’s famous queso, my brother’s spicy bean dip and mi cariño’s roasted corn dip. Today I want to share with you a spicier version of mi cariño’s roasted corn dip featuring all the yummy goodness of Cacique Ranchero Queso Fresco and Cacique Crema Mexicana.
The ingredients in this dip are simple: roasted corn, bell pepper, red onion, Cacique Queso Fresco, Cacique Crema Mexicana, mayonnaise, cilantro, lime juice and a roasted jalapeno for a spicy kick. The star of this dip is the roasted corn. When corn is roasted, it becomes juicy and tender which adds a perfect touch of Spring to this dip.
Here’s a great tip on how to remove the kernels off the cob once roasted. I like to use a large bowl to remove the kernels. Stand the corn, then using a sharp knife slice down along the cob. The kernels will come off easily into the bowl, no mess. After you have removed the kernels from both cobs, use the same bowl to assemble your dip.
Now that we have removed all those juicy kernels from the cob, let’s assemble our dip. Stir in all ingredients, season with salt and pepper and garnish with additional Cacique Ranchero Queso Fresco. Served with a pile of crispy tortilla chips this dip is the ultimate Gameday treat. Creamy, cheesy, fresh plus a spicy kick from the jalapeno my roasted corn dip is sure to be the star of your playoff fiesta.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Corn cobs
- 1 Jalapeño
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup Cacique Ranchero Queso Fresco, crumbled
- ½ cup Cacique Crema Mexican
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup cilantro, stems removed
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- Juice from one lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat grill pan. Once heated lightly brush the corn with olive oil. Grill corn and jalapeno for fifteen minutes, turning every five minutes until kernels are tender. Remove from grill, set aside to cool.
- Once corn has cooled, using a large bowl slice off kernels with a sharp knife. Dice roasted jalapeno; add to corn kernels. Stir in remaining ingredients season with salt and pepper, mix well and serve with tortilla chips.