I love soups! I’m a believer that a bowl of hot steaming soup can make things better. Why? Because soup may be the ultimate comfort food.
To be honest, I didn’t use to care all that much for soups, but I realized I just needed to either make my soups heartier or play with flavors and ingredients to make them special, full of flavor and aroma. Now, soup is definitely one of my favorite things to make, (and of course to eat) so I’m always looking out for new ways to make my favorite recipes.
Chowders are my favorite kind of soups. Who wouldn’t love its rich and creaminess? This Rotisserie Chicken Corn Chowder recipe is as easy to make as it sounds. This is absolute one of the best chowders I ever make. It’s pretty standard, except that I’m using a special ingredient instead of the half and half: Cacique® Crema Mexicana. The flavor is really incredible and the result is a hearty, full-meal chowder.
There is no better way to use leftover rotisserie chicken than in a hearty soup. This chowder combines colorful red bell peppers, starchy potatoes, bacon’s smoky flavor, and the richness of Cacique® Crema Mexicana. It’s a recipe that you will want to make again and again.
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded or cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cups corn kernels, (fresh or frozen)
- 3 red potatoes, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 4 slices turkey bacon, diced
- ½ small onion, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup of Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 3 teaspoons of butter (you can use oil)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cacique® Queso Fresco, green onions, sliced jalapeños, and bacon crumbs (for serving)
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and sauté until tender.
- Stir in flour, and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Slowly add in chicken broth and whisk until well blended.
- Add potatoes, red bell pepper and corn. Season with ground cumin, salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil stirring frequently, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook covered for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add in rotisserie chicken and Cacique® Crema Mexicana. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes longer.
- Serve topped with Cacique® Queso Fresco, bacon, green onions and jalapeno peppers.