Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 7.05 ounces fideo pasta
- 6 Roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ½ white onion, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 3-4 cups boiling water
- 1 10-ounce Cacique® Queso Fresco, crumbled
- ½ Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large saucepan, heat ¼ cup oil over medium heat. Add fideo pasta and fry, stirring frequently until pasta is evenly golden brown. Remove from heat and drain. Place fideo in a colander to drain excess oil.
- Place tomatoes, onion, garlic, chipotle and ¼ cup water in blender container. Blend until smooth. Return saucepan to oven and heat remaining oil over low-medium heat. Run tomato sauce mixture through a strainer into saucepan. Season with salt and pepper, stir and let simmer for 5 minutes. Sauce will darken.
- Add fried fideo pasta to sauce. Add water (2-3 cups) and cook until pasta is tender. Add more water if pasta is too dry. Serve and top with queso fresco, crema and chopped cilantro.