Do you need to get dinner on the table quick? Are you the type of person that is always in a rush? It seems I have been on a merry go round lately and barely have time to breath. Yet, I still want to serve up dinner to my family and make something special, but fast. My Mom and husband are vegetarians, and it seems I have jumped on the train with them.
Lucky for us Cacique® makes delicious Soy Chorizo, lately I have been using it for many dishes, but my favorite is soy chorizo flautas. I use the soy chorizo to spice up my refried beans. As if that wasn’t enough to lure you already, once they are mashed I top them with Cacique’s Manchego cheese, and let it melt in. Those two ingredients bring my refried beans to life in a way I never imagined. I use the creamy soy chorizo beans as the filling to my flautas. Let me explain how. Place a nice serving of beans to the center of a tortilla, then fold it as you would a burrito. Instead of frying the tortilla, I place it on a comal and make it crisp on all sides. While the flautas are getting crisp. I make an avocado crema out of Cacique® Ranchero® Crema Con Sal, an avocado, and fresh lime juice. Then top the whole thing with the avocado crema piped in a zig zag. It’s fast it’s delicious and it’s convenient when lots of time is not on your side.
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 1/2 - tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 – chile de arbol
- 9 – ounces Cacique® Soy Chorizo
- 1 1/2 - pounds cooked pinto beans
- 4 – ounces Cacique® Manchego cheese (sliced) plus a few extra slices for the inside of the flautas.
- 8 to 10 – flour tortillas
- 1 – large ripe avocado
- 1 – cup Cacique® Ranchero® Crema con Sal
- 1/8 – cup fresh lime juice
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large frying pan over a medium flame, add vegetable oil and chile de arbol. Let chiles heat in oil. Add in Cacique® Soy Chorizo and break it up with spatula to warm evenly. Cook for about 5 minutes until soy chorizo is hot. Add in pinto beans to the soy chorizo and allow them to get super hot by cooking for 5 minutes or until the mixture starts to boil.
- Once it starts to boil mash with a potato masher. Then add in the slices of Cacique® Manchego cheese. Let them melt then mix them in.
- On an open flame slightly heat the tortilla. Then remove from flame. Place 3 to 4 heaping tablespoons of creamy refried beans into the center of each tortilla. Add a few pieces of cheese to the top. Then fold into the same shape as a burrito. Set the flauta to the side.
- Heat a comal or pan over a high flame until hot. Place the flauta on the comal and allow it to get toasty on each side. While the flautas are getting crisp, add all ingredients for avocado crema to a blender, and blend till smooth. Place the soy chorizo flautas on a bed of greens and pipe the avocado crema over the top.