A big bowl of olives always makes its way to our party snack table on game day. The tanginess of Kalmata olives perfectly balances the hops of aromatic beer and tannins of red wine. But everything is better with cheese, right?
By marinating cubes of Cacique® Cotija Cheese with my olives, vinegar and added spice with dried red chile flakes, that boring bowl of olives turns into something pretty spectacular your guests will not be able to take their hands off of.
Great on crostinis or crackers, it’s the perfect side accompaniment to any grilled meat, crockpot brisket, or enjoyed as is with appetizer picks. This flavorful medley is one that cannot be passed up.
Simple to prepare, versatile enough to be served at the most casual tailgates and most elegant affairs, this spicy appetizer won’t last long. Make sure to make plenty!
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 (12 ounce) jar Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup sweet peppers, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package Cacique® Cotija Cheese, sliced in cubes
- 1 sprig rosemary
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl. Using a spatula, fold in all ingredients except rosemary until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with a sprinkle of rosemary.