When it comes to brunch, I love cooking items that are easy to make and full of flavor. This delicious Spinach frittata delivers everything you would want in an egg dish. Plus it’s a great way to add veggies to your diet.
I serve my frittata with a nice salad on the side and some crispy fresh baked bread. Invite some friends over and make it a party! Who wouldn’t say no to this cheesy dish.
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 bag (10 oz.) spinach, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- ¼ cup grated Cacique® Cotija Cheese
- ½ cup shredded Cacique® Ranchero® Queso Fresco
- green onions, sliced finely
- 1/3 cup of chopped onion
- salt & pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- First preheat oven to 350°
- Sauté onion until soft and translucent. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs until smooth and then add the cream and the cotija cheese. Season a little with the salt and pepper.
- Add the spinach, onions, green onions, Cacique® Ranchero® Queso Fresco into a greased 9 or 10 inch dish. Pour the egg mixture over the spinach. Stir a little so everything is combined and the egg mixture settles.
- Allow to bake for 35 or 40 minutes. Or until the egg mixture is set and it's golden on top.