Meatballs are very popular in the United States. They are very simple to make and there are many different versions of it. I would like to share a different and tasty version, with the perfect combination of two Cacique® products, which provide a totally different touch. The first is the Cacique® Oaxaca Cheese, which will be in the center of our meatballs. This cheese is great for melting and you should be able to taste it with the first bite of your meatball. To make this recipe even better, we will use the Cacique® Crema Salvadoreña for our meatball dipping sauce.
For this recipe I formed round balls with the meatballs, but then I gave them an extra touch for game day by shaping them like footballs. They are perfect for your Super bowl appetizers and best of all, these meatballs can be cooked in the oven with no hassle. You can have a great recipe for your get together guests in not time!
These meatballs are so versatile. While you can serve them as an appetizer, you can also have them as a snack or topping to any pasta dish. The amount of meatballs you can get from the recipe may vary depending on the size of the meatballs. I portion them using a tablespoon, and with that I get at least 20 balls. I hope you enjoy these simple meatballs, which I feel certain your guest will love. Even the kids too!
i>Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- ½ kg (about 1 lb.) of ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons of ketchup
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of oregano
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- A pinch of pepper
- ½ cup of breadcrumbs
- ½ cup of Cacique® Oaxaca Cheese (diced)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 cup of Cacique® Crema Salvadoreña
- 2 tablespoons of chopped chives
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Prepare a baking tray with oil spray. In a bowl, place the ground beef; add the beaten egg, ketchup, salt, oregano, paprika and pepper. Mix well, and then add the breadcrumbs to form a more solid mixture. Take little portions from the mixture and form the balls, then make a dip with the thumb in the center and place a small piece of Cacique® Oaxaca Cheese, close the ball, and give it the shape of a football if you want. Place these balls on the baking tray, and bake for 15 minutes.
- To prepare the sauce, you should only mix Cacique® Crema Salvadoreña with the jalapeño and the chives.