This time of year always means a plethora of parties and get togethers. It’s the perfect time of the year to spend quality time with friends and family and just enjoy the season. You know what I’m talking about – joy, peace and love. It’s my favorite time of the year for sure and I never miss an opportunity to get everyone together to enjoy a holiday movie watching, for book club, an ornament exchange or simply just because. I treasure the time with friends and family.
This time of year, gets hectic too, so it’s important to make time for each other and show your friends and family how much you appreciate them. My favorite get-togethers are with my mom’s family. She is one of thirteen children and the entire family still gets together every year. With so many people, our family celebrations are huge! For the last couple of years, I have gone to a reception and eat these little taquito cones. Every time I have them I say I will recreate them and well I finally did it. They were such a hit with my taste testers that I’m going to share them at all my gatherings this season.
These little taquito cones are small, easily adaptable, tasty and the perfect appetizer. It doesn’t take much time to put them together and the taste is comfort food all the way. It’s like a little quesadilla rolled up. For these little appetizers, I used Cacique® Beef Chorizo, Cacique® Queso Quesadilla and some Cacique® Crema Mexicana. With all these ingredients together, you can’t go wrong.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 12 flour tortillas, cut in half (24 halves)
- 1 - 9-ounce package Cacique Beef Chorizo
- 1/2 pint refried beans
- 1/2 cup Cacique Queso Quesadilla, shredded or slices
- 1/4 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- Cacique Crema Mexicana (optional for drizzling)
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium size skillet, add chorizo and cook for 10 minutes, stirring to break apart. Once cooked fully, drain off excess fat.
- Warm up tortillas and refried beans in the microwave until pliable. Start preparing cones by rolling from one end to other to form cone. Secure cone closed by spreading a little bit of refried beans on seam to seal. Fill cone with refried beans and a small dollop of chorizo. Top with cheese and place all taquitos on a cookie sheet.
- Place in the oven and let cheese melt (about 5 minutes). Alternately, you can also place in the microwave in :15 second increments to melt cheese. Top with lettuce and tomatoes and drizzle with Crema Mexicana.