The Christmas Posadas are coming up soon and it means nine days of celebration where there will be lots of delicious food and I can’t wait. I love the traditional dishes and drinks like tamales and ponche, but I can’t say no more contemporary options like Tostadas. Of course you can put pretty much anything on a tostada, but nothing like this guisado with calabacitas and chorizo. It will make your mouth water. I love making it with Cacique® Soy Chorizo, but you can definitely choose the beef or pork options. Plus you can top with crema how I like it or you can sprinkle any type of cheese. Hope you enjoy these as much as I did!
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 6 tortillas or ready made tostadas
- 2 Calabacitas Mexicanas, diced
- 5 ounces of Cacique® Soy Chorizo
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- ½ onion, diced
- ½ cup cold cut turkey, diced
- ½ cup of corn kernels
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- ½ cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large skillet heat oil on medium. Place calabacitas and cook until soft. Add chorizo and salt and stir. Then add bell pepper, tomatoes, onion and cook for two minutes. Then add turkey and corn and stir until all ingredients are cooked and well mixed.
- On a flat skillet or comal, heat tortillas on low to medium heat to make the tostadas. you can also use ready made tostadas. Place calabacitas mixture on tostadas and top with crema or cheese.
- Note: You can make a vegan version of this dish by using soy chorizo, removing turkey and not adding crema or cheese.