Football season is here! I love the comradery of tailgating and the anticipation of the game. We get to kick back as we wait for the game to start, spend time with our loved ones and enjoy some of the best foods the season has to offer. Since we don’t get to attend every single game in person, the next best thing is to take that celebration home and homegate! Homegating doesn’t have to be difficult. The menu consists of mainly easy to cook, serve and eat foods. Most of the time they are comfort foods because why else? Everyone loves comfort.
My favorite way to homegate all the way is by combining my childhood favorite foods. Tater-tots and nachos. Totchos! Cacique® Dos Quesos Blend creates an ooey-gooey combination of flavors. I also love to include Cacique® soy chorizo (beef or pork too!) and top them off with dollops of Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria. My version also includes black beans, spicy slices of jalapeño, avocado green onions and tomatoes. Serve them up in a large tray. A baking tray will do, and see them disappear before your eyes by kickoff time.
Totchos are made in a short amount of time and customized any way you’d like. Make sure you make lots because I guarantee it will be the most popular dish at your homegating party.
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 32-ounce package frozen tater tots
- 1 package Cacique® Dos Quesos Blend Shredded Cheeses
- 1 cup black beans, cooked and drained
- 5 ounces Cacique® Soy Chorizo, cooked crumbled
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, sliced in rounds
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria
- Salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Evenly spread out frozen tater tots in a single layer. Bake for 25 minutes or until tater tots begin to crisp.
- Sprinkle one half of shredded cheeses over tater tots, follow with black beans, chorizo, tomato, avocado, jalapeño, green onions and cilantro. Top with remaining shredded cheeses. Season with salt and pepper and toss with two large spoons to evenly distribute ingredients. Return to oven and bake for 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Top with dollops of crema, serve and enjoy.