I can’t think of anything more summery and tropical tasting than this bionico, tossed in mixture of Cacique® Yogurt Smoothie Pina Colada flavor and chia seeds. Then topped with granola and coconut, this bionico is satisfying and perfect for breakfast or fresh summer treat.
Traditionally, the bionicos are topped with a sweet crema made with yogurt, sour cream and condensed milk. Then the crema is served over fresh cut fruit and topped with granola, nuts, shredded coconut and raisings.
I remember one of my favorite breakfasts during my high school days was the famous bionico and a large glass of fresh orange juice. Talk about delicious and fresh! Even though the sweet crema is amazing and perfect for my sweet tooth, I usually opt for plain yogurt with just a little bit of honey.
After getting my hands on the freshest fruit last week, I knew I had to make a bionico. It’s very easy to make, plus is so colorful, it just makes me happy. Don’t you love the colors? If you don’t have a melon baller, don’t worry, you can cut the papaya and melon into cubes. Of course, you can mix and match quantities, fruits and topping. It’s a very flexible recipe that everyone can enjoy. The possibilities are endless!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 Cacique® Yogurt Smoothie Piña Colada
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup Papaya, cut into cubes
- 1 cup Melon, cut in cubes
- 1 cup Pineapple, cut in cubes
- 1 Mango, cut in cubes
- 1 Kiwi, sliced
- 1 Peach, cut in cubes
- ½ cup Crunchy Granola, with almonds and raisins
- ½ cup Shredded Coconut, unsweetened
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a bowl, mix together the Cacique® Yogurt Smoothie Piña Colada and the chia seeds in a small bowl. Cover and let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes (you can leave it overnight). Add all the fruit to a large bowl and gently mix until well combined. To serve, divide the fruit into two cups and pour half of the yogurt mixture over the fresh fruit. Top with shredded coconut and granola. Enjoy.