Besides creating all the great memories, one of the best things about Thanksgiving is the food. And even better than the food? Definitely the leftovers!
My family loves sandwiches made with the leftover turkey. One of my favorites is this Turkey Cranberry Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Every time I have this my taste buds and belly give me thanks! The combination of savory turkey, sweet and tart cranberry sauce, plus the melty cheese and the toasted buttered bread is amazing!
To make this sandwich just pull out a few slices of turkey, grab some leftover cranberry sauce and Cacique® Oaxaca Cheese. Ten minutes later you can relax, eat and think about that slice of pie you are going to have next. Ah! Don’t forget the napkins! This guy can be a little messy, but totally worth it! Make sure you save some leftovers for this melty, drippy and heck of a good Thanksgiving sandwich!
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 4 ounces turkey meat, sliced or shredded
- 2 ounces Cacique® Oaxaca Cheese
- 1 ½ tablespoon of cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Butter one side of each slice of bread, spread half of the cheese onto the unbuttered side of one slice of bread followed by the turkey, cranberry sauce and then the remaining cheese. Top with the remaining slice of bread with the buttered side up. Grill until each side is golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove from the skillet, cut in half and enjoy!