Move over hot cocoa, Vanilla Crema Atole is here to be the drink of the season! Vanilla Crema Atole is super easy to make and will have your entire house smelling sweet and warm during the winter. This drink is a creamy and delicious pairing with pan dulces– the perfect after-dinner treat! We recommend serving it in your favorite mug for an extra cozy experience at home.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3 OUNCES PILONCILLO
- ½ CUP WATER
- 1 ½ CUPS ALMOND MILK
- 1 ½ CUPS CACIQUE®️CREMA MEXICANA
- ¼ CUP MASA HARINA
- 1 MEXICAN CINNAMON STICK
- 1 TABLESPOON PURE MEXICAN VANILLA
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a medium saucepan, heat the piloncillo and water over low heat. Cook until the piloncillo has completely melted, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk the almond milk, crema mexicana and masa harina into the melted piloncillo. Whisk until the masa is fully incorporated and there are no lumps.
- Add the cinnamon stick and cook for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the Mexican vanilla. Turn off the heat.
- Serve immediately in mugs, top with ground cinnamon. Enjoy with pan dulce!