Here’s a little twist to your traditional recipe for Waldorf salad. Instead of using mayo, we used our delicious and creamy crema Mexicana, plain yogurt and honey for the dressing. This combination is not over powering and allows the crisp, sweet taste of the fruit to come through. We served it as a side salad to our Easter ham brunch but, it definitely would be great served in a croissant for lunch or dinner.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 large roasted chicken breast, boned and skinned, and cubed into bite sized pieces
- 2 c of grapes (red or green) halved
- 2 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 2 large apples, cored and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 c Cacique Crema Mexicana Agria
- 1/3 c plain yogurt
- 1 heaping T of raw honey
- 1 T of red wine vinegar
- pinch of salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 c chopped walnuts, optional
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large bowl, add the chicken, grapes, celery and apple and let sit covered in the fridge until the dressing is made. If you are concerned about the apples oxidizing, just wait until the end to add them at the last minute. Combine the crema, yogurt, honey, vinegar, and seasoning. Pour over salad ingredients and gently toss until evenly coated. Mix walnuts in last. Serve over a bed of greens or alone.