I prepared this salad for my friend’s birthday barbecue. I needed to bring a side dish that could sit out safely for several hours, and also fit in well with a healthy low-carb cookout. It was a success!
This whole meal literally took me under 25 minutes to make! Great for those busy days when you have little time to cook dinner or when you need to take a side dish to a family reunion. Perfect for those sunny days where you don’t want to be next to a hot stove.
You could top this with your favorite protein to make it complete. Isn’t that amazing?
If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can just as easily thinly slice your zucchini into ribbons, and it will be just as beautiful.
From the juicy acidity of the cherry tomatoes, the freshness from the zucchini and cucumber, the zestiness from the lemon, the creaminess from the dressing, to the nuttiness of the garbanzo beans; every bite screams “I’m fresh, healthy and full of flavor.”
To all of you who love salads, this one is for you.
Note: Click the ‘Products‘ tab above to learn more about the Cacique® ingredients used in this recipe. You can find these ingredients near you by clicking the ‘Find Stores‘ tab, selecting the products you are looking for, and entering your zip code.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 green zucchinis, cut with a spiralizer
- Salad greens (I used baby arugula)
- 1 large cucumber, sliced and seeds removed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Purple onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of canned garbanzo beans, drained
- For the dressing:
- 1 large ripe avocado
- ¼ cup of Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- ¼ cup of Cacique® Ranchero® Queso Fresco
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
- Lemon juice to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a food processor, combine avocado, Cacique® Crema Mexicana, Cacique® Ranchero® Queso Fresco, cilantro, garlic. Add a splash of water as needed or desired. Pulse till well combined. Season with salt and pepper. If you want a thicker dressing don’t add water and pulse the mixture till desired consistency. For a lighter dressing use water or more Cacique® Crema Mexicana.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini, tomatoes, cucumber, onion and garbanzo beans. Stir in dressing and gently toss to combine.
- Serve over a bed of salad greens. JUST before serving, drizzle the salad with lemon juice to taste.