STEP 1 OF 5:
Cook the tortellini according to package instructions, drain and let them cool.
STEP 2 OF 5:
Place the tortellini, black beans, corn, onion, serrano pepper, tomatoes, and Queso Fresco in a large salad bowl.
STEP 3 OF 5:
Prepare the crema dressing by whisking together crema, mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt and pepper, until smooth.
STEP 4 OF 5:
Pour dressing over tortellini mixture, tossing to coat. Cover and chill at least 20 minutes.
STEP 5 OF 5:
Sprinkle fresh cilantro. Garnish with avocado if desired.
Ingredients for Tortellini!
- 1 12oz. package fresh cheese tortellini
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 husks cooked corn, skinned
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded, finely diced
- 1 package cacique® queso fresco, cubed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup avocado, cubed (optional)
Ingredients for Crema Dressing!
- 1/2 cup cacique® crema mexicana
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt, or more to taste
- black pepper to taste