Apple or Quince Tart with Creamy Cacique® Queso Fresco Filling
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (from a 17-ounce package), thawed
- 1 10-ounce package Cacique® Queso Fresco, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Cacique® Ranchero® Crema Natural
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 2 large cooking apples, peeled, cored and sliced thin (or 1 1/2 cups candied quince)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Trim the puff pastry to fit in a 9-inch tart pan.
- Put the Cacique® Queso Fresco, Cacique® Crema, eggs, sugar and salt in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Pour this mixture into the tart shell. Arrange the apples in a spiral over the filling. Sprinkle on the sugar (omit the extra sugar if using quince).
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and continue cooking for 10 minutes, until the tart is golden brown, the apples are tender, and the filling is set. Serve warm.