Baby Green Salad with Seared Panela and Avocado Vinaigrette
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 package (10 oz.) Cacique® Panela cut in half and slice into ¼ rectangles
- 6 cups field greens
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup radishes, chopped
- ¼ cup avocado, chopped
- VINAIGRETTE DRESSING
- 3 tablespoons Cacique® Crema Salvadoreña
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 large avocados, cut into chunks
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Toss greens with onion, tomato, radish, ¼ cup avocado, and separate onto 6 plates.
- Heat medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Spray with non-stick spray. Gently add cheese slices and sear on both sides until browned (30-45 seconds on each side). Drain on paper towel.
- In blender or food processor, mix large avocados, Crema Salvadorena, garlic, lime, jalapeno and extra virgin olive oil on medium speed for 1 minute, season to taste and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Place 3 or 4 slices of seared Panela on bed of greens and drizzle with vinaigrette.