Bacon Wrapped Cacique® Oaxaca Cheese Bombs
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 can biscuits, we used Grands Jr.
- 6 oz . Cacique® Oaxaca cheese, cut into 10 cubes
- 5 slices of bacon cut in half
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 10 toothpicks
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Mix melted butter with garlic. Set aside. Open biscuits and place on cutting board. Gently flatten biscuit. Do not make it too thin or the cheese will escape during frying. Brush the side up of a biscuit with garlic butter. Place one cube of cheese in the middle and close the sides, pinching the seam. Roll few times in your hands. Place on a plate. Repeat with each biscuit.
- Wrap each biscuit in one-half of a bacon slice, securing it with a toothpick. Place back on the plate. Repeat with each biscuit.
- In a skillet, preheat canola or vegetable oil to 350 degrees F. Not hotter. Fry each biscuit, about 1,5 to 2 minutes on each side OR until the side is crispy brown. Place fried cheese bombs on a paper towel lined plate to drain the excess oil. Serve warm with a side of garlic butter or marinara sauce for dipping.