Baked Butternut Squash & Queso Fresco Flautas
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces butternut squash, cubed
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeds and stem discarded, minced
- 6 scallions
- 2 cups crumbled Cacique® Queso Fresco
- Salt and pepper
- Twelve 8-inch flour tortillas
- Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria
- Lime wedges
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, put the olive oil and cook the garlic for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add the butternut squash and jalapeno and cook 7 to 9 minutes, stirring often, until the squash is tender. Stir in the scallions and Queso Fresco. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Divide the butternut squash and Queso Fresco mixture among the 12 tortillas. Roll them up tightly, leaving the ends open. Place them on a baking sheet seam-side down and brush olive oil on the outsides.
- Broil for 2 to 3 minutes, until the tops are golden and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the flautas and broil for 2 more minutes, until golden. Serve with Crema Mexicana Agria and a squeeze of lime.