WHAT YOU NEED
- Grapeseed oil for frying
- 1 (20 ounce) package Cacique® Sopes de la Casa (10 count)
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup jarred cactus strips
- 1 1/2 cups refried beans, warmed
- 2/3 cup Cacique® Four Quesos Blend Shredded Cheese
- 1/3 cup Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2/3 cup purple cabbage, shredded
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Pour about 1/2 inch of the grapeseed oil into a medium skillet. Heat over medium high heat. Carefully place the sope in the oil and fry on both sides for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Place in a paper-lined plate to drain excess oil. Repeat with the rest of the sopes.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs and milk together until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over low medium heat. Pour in beaten eggs and milk mixture and cactus strips. Let the eggs set for one minute then fold in with a wood or silicone spatula. Do not over cook. Eggs should be fluffy.
- To assemble: Top sopes with refried beans, a sprinkle of Four Quesos Blend Shredded Cheese and scrambled eggs with cactus. Garnish with tomato and cabbage.
- Tip: Top your sopes with carne asada, roasted chicken or carne adobada for a mouthwatering lunch or dinner.