Butternut Squash Soup with Cinnamon Crema Drizzle
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 teaspoon honey
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a medium saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Once broth is boiling, add squash and season with salt. Bring heat down to medium and cook squash covered for about 15-20 minutes, until squash is very tender.
- While the squash is cooking, prepare the cinnamon crema topping. Do so by combining 1/2 cup of the crema, cinnamon and honey. Mix well and set aside.
- Puree squash, in a blender or food processor, with the broth as well as the remaining crema. Once blended smoothly serve soup warm and top it with a drizzle of the cool cinnamon crema.