Cacique® Carnitas Torta
WHAT YOU NEED
- 8 ounces Pork Carnitas, shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 bolillos or teleras; you can use Kaiser rolls
- 4 tomato slices
- 2 onion slices
- ½ cup of cabbage, finely sliced
- 6 tablespoons refried beans
- Cacique® Chipotle Flavored Sour Cream
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Cut the rolls in half lengthwise, and remove some of the crumbs from the middle of the bread.
- Heat a griddle over medium-high heat. When hot, place the rolls upside down to warm. This will take about 1 minute, then remove.
- Squeeze a generous amount of Cacique® Chipotle Flavored Sour Cream to top side of roll and beans on the other.
- Top the beans with the shredded cabbage, tomato, and onion slices. Divide the carnitas between the two bottom sides of the rolls. Finally, place the tops of the bread on the sandwiches.
- If you want your torta to be crispy, place on the hot griddle again, making sure the tops don’t fall off, and add some butter or oil to the griddle. Heat the tortas, while pressing down with a spatula, turning once for about 1-2 minutes per side.