Cacique® Chorizo Beans
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 tablespoons cup sunflower oil or corn oil
- 3 dry chiles de arbol
- 9oz (1 package) Cacique® Pork Chorizo
- ¼ cup chopped white onion
- 4 cups cooked pinto beans
- 1-1/2 cups bean broth
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Cacique® Queso Fresco, for garnish
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a large sauté pan, heat up the oil and toast 2 chiles de árbol into the oil until dark mahogany red. Remove the chiles and set them aside.
- Add the chorizo and crumble finely using a wooden spatula. Sauté the chorizo along with the chopped onions until onions are soft.
- Add cooked beans, bean broth, apple cider vinegar and one of the toasted dry chiles to the chorizo. Bring to boil, reduce to a slow simmer.
- Smash the beans until they are mostly creamy. Sauté for about 3-4 more minutes until desired consistency. Serve with Cacique® Queso fresco crumbled over the top.