Cactus Salad Quesadilla
WHAT YOU NEED
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1 cup Cacique® Four Quesos Blend Shredded Cheese
- 1/3 cup pickled cactus, chopped in 1/4 –inch pieces
- 1/3 cup Roma tomato, finely diced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Heat large skillet or cast iron comal over medium heat.
- Place one flour tortilla on the skillet or comal. Evenly distribute 4 tablespoons shredded cheese, 2-3 tablespoons cactus pieces, 2 tablespoons tomatoes and a sprinkle of onion and cilantro. Top with second tortilla and carefully flip quesadilla with a large spatula. Heat for approximately 90 seconds or until cheese melts.
- Transfer quesadilla to a cutting board and slice in quarters. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Serve warm.