Caramelized Brussels Sprouts with Chorizo and Chipotle Crema
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 (9-ounce) package Cacique Pork Chorizo
- 1 ½ pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 canned chipotle in adobo, minced
- ½ cup Cacique Crema Mexicana
- ½ cup crumbled Cacique Ranchero Queso Fresco
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until it’s shimmering. Saute the onion until it’s soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the Cacique Pork Chorizo, breaking it apart with your spoon, and fry, stirring occasionally, until it’s deeply browned and cooked through.
- Use a slotted spoon to strain the solids from the pan; reserve. (There should be about 2 tablespoons of fat remaining in the pan, but add more oil if needed.) Increase the heat to medium-high.
- When the oil just begins to smoke, carefully add the Brussels sprouts to the pan (flat side down if possible), and cook undisturbed for 5 minutes or so, until they’re deeply golden. Season with salt and stir to coat with the oil.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for another 10 minutes or so, until the tops of the sprouts are lightly charred. Remove from the oven and toss the chorizo and onions back into the pan.
- Stir the minced chipotle into the Cacique Crema Mexicana to create chipotle crema.
- To serve, drizzle the chipotle crema over the Brussels sprouts and sprinkle the crumbled Cacique Ranchero Queso Fresco, as well as chopped cilantro.