Cheese Stuffed Potato Patties
WHAT YOU NEED
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup Cacique Crema Mexicana
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ medium onion, chopped (about ¼ cup)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup gluten free oatmeal
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ Cacique Enchilado cheese (6 oz.), cut into 1-inch cubes
- ¼ cup coconut or vegetable oil
- 4-5 cups of water
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Directions: In a large saucepan place water and potatoes, bring to a boil and cook for about 25-30 minutes. Once cooked peel the potatoes and place in a large bowl. Mash the potatoes with the crema and butter. When well mashed, add cilantro, onions, oatmeal, egg, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet for frying the patties. Take about two tablespoons of mixture and roll into a ball. Press flat and add a cube of cheese, then roll mixture around cheese to cover and form a patty. Place the patty in the hot oil and fry. Once side one is golden brown, flip and to fry the other side, approximately 1 minute each side. Place cooked potato patties on a napkin lined plate. Serve and enjoy!