Cheesy Chorizo Bacon Nachos
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 large bag of your favorite tortilla chips
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 (9oz) package of Cacique® Beef Chorizo
- 1 poblano chili
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups grated Cacique® Queso Quesadilla plus some more for garnishing.
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle spice
- 2 green onions, sliced finely
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Place the chips in a pile on a large serving plate or platter.
- Chop up the bacon and cook until brown and crispy. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel and let it drain.
- Cook the beef chorizo in the same pan as the bacon, over a medium heat for about 5-7 minutes. Cover with foil to keep warm
- Roast the poblano chili over a gas burner until blackened. Place in a sandwich bag and let it steam for 5 minutes.
- Peel the skin from the chili and chop into small dice.
- In another pan, melt the butter and add the flour to it
- Whisk until no lumps are visible then gradually add the milk, whisking all of the time to avoid lumps.
- Once you have added about 1 1/2 cups of milk and the mixture is thicker with no lumps, add the grated Queso Quesadilla and whisk. The sauce should coat the back of spoon and be lump free.
- Add the chopped poblano and the chipotle spice to the cheese sauce and mix once again.
- If the cheese sauce starts to become too thick add some more of the milk and whisk. You may not need all of it but the sauce should be pourable and not too thick.
- Spoon the chorizo over the tortilla chips followed by the chopped bacon.
- Add the creamy cheese sauce to the chips and sprinkle the nachos with plenty of green onion.
- Add some extra grated cheese if desired and serve at once.