Cheesy Jalapeño Popper Garlic Bread
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 baguette
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh jalapeno pepper slices, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 cup Cacique® Shredded Organic Queso Quesadilla, (You can find it at Costco!) or you can use Cacique® Queso Quesadilla
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut the bread into slices. Brush both pieces with melted butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Cover with a piece of aluminum foil, place in the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, chop half of the jalapeno slices. Reserve the rest to place on top.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, chopped jalapenos, salt and pepper.
- Remove the bread from the oven. Uncover. Spread the jalapeno mixture on the bread, dividing equally between each slice, then top with cheese. Arrange the reserved chopped jalapenos over the cheese.
- Place bread back in the oven and broil for 2 minutes to melt the cheese. Remove from the oven. Let cool for few minutes and serve.