Cheesy Taco Flatbread
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 can (14oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 ball (8oz) fresh pizza dough at room temperature
- 3 cups grated Cacique® Queso Quesadilla Cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro including some for garnishing
- Flour for dusting your work surface
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat the oven to 550 degrees F. Lightly dust a large 13 x 10 baking tray or pizza stone with cornmeal.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil and add the ground beef. Cook until it’s no longer pink, drain the fat from the pan. Add the spices to the beef and mix through. Pour the can of tomato into the pan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Roll the pizza dough into a rectangular shape and transfer to the baking tray. Bake the pizza dough in the oven for 5 minutes poking any air bubbles that appear on the surface. Take the dough from the oven and spread the ground beef mixture on top. Sprinkle some of the cilantro on top of the meat followed by the grated cheese.
- Place the flat bread back in the oven and bake for another 4-5 minutes or the cheese is good and melted. Slice into squares and serve at once with more cilantro if desired.