Chilaquiles Verdes with Brisket
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 pound tomatillos, husks removed and rinsed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 onion, halved
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 24 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into wedges
- 1 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 2 cups shredded brisket
- 1 package (8 ounces) Cacique® Queso Fresco, crumbled
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Place tomatillos, garlic and onion in saucepan and add water to cover them. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer over medium heat and cook until the tomatillos and onion begin to soften, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, using a slotted spoon carefully place tomatillo, onion and garlic in a blender along with half with the cooking liquid and cilantro. Blend until smooth. Add salt, pepper, ground cumin and blend until smooth.
- Heat oil in a skillet. Working in batches fry tortillas until crisp, drain and season lightly with salt.
- Discard oil, wipe clean and return to heat. Once skillet is heated pour in salsa verde, gently simmer until warmed through. Add Cacique® crema, shredded brisket and continue to gently simmer until brisket is warmed through. Add chips, gently stirring to coat chips in sauce. Serve warm topped with queso fresco.