WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 (7 oz.) package Cacique® 4 Quesos Blend Shredded Cheese
- 6 chilies Poblanos, roasted, peeled and seeded
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup flour for dredging
- ½ cup oil for frying
- ½ cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- 1 large can stewed tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ small onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Make a small slit on side of each chile and insert about ¼ cup of shredded cheese into each chile.
- Beat egg whites, then add yolks and beat until fluffy.
- Holding by the stem, carefully pass each chile through flour and then dip completely in the egg batter. Fry in hot oil, turning once, until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
- Sauté garlic and onions with one teaspoon oil until tender. Add oregano and tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes on low heat. Let cool slightly then puree in blender or food processor. Return to skillet, add Crema Mexicana and heat through. Serve over chile rellenos.