Chipotle and Tomato Grilled Cheese
WHAT YOU NEED
- ¼ cup mayonnaise plus more for spreading
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped
- 8 slices wholegrain bread
- 1⅓ cups Cacique® Four-Cheese Blend Shreds
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
HOW TO MAKE IT
- In a small bowl, blend ¼ cup mayonnaise with the chopped chipotle chile, adding a teaspoon or two of adobo sauce, if desired, to taste.
- Lay out the 8 slices of bread and divide the chipotle mayonnaise among them. On four slices, evenly spread ⅓ cup of Four-Cheese Blend Shreds. Top the cheese with the sliced tomato, and cover with the remaining four slices.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Spread a little mayonnaise (a teaspoon or so) on the top outside of each sandwich and gently lay the sandwich in the skillet, mayonnaise side down. (You may need to work in batches.) While the sandwich cooks, spread some mayonnaise on the remaining surface, then flip the sandwich and continue to cook until it’s golden brown and the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes overall.
- Remove to a cutting board and slice each sandwich in half on the diagonal. Eat at once.