Chipotle-Honey Chorizo and Beef Burgers
WHAT YOU NEED
Crema Mexicana Agria
- 2 (10oz.) pkgs. Cacique® Beef, Pork or Soy Chorizo
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 pkg. Cacique® Cotija, crumbled
- 8 Ciabatta bread rolls or rustic country bread
- Grilled onions
- Sliced avocado
- 4 Tbsp. Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria
- 2 chipotle peppers with 2 Tbsp. Adobo sauce
- 4 Tbsp. honey
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Mix the chorizo and meat in a mixing bowl, and work them with your hands until well combined. Or blend in a food processor. Form meat mixture into 8 thick patties. Make a pocket in the center of each patty, fill with each with about one ounce of Cotija cheese, and cover the cheese with meat.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and broil in oven for 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare hamburgers. Finish off in a skillet over medium heat if you desire a medium-cooked hamburger. Using a grill is another option. Make sure you brush oil on the grill so meat does not stick.
- Add sliced avocado and grilled onions. Warm the roll, dollop a generous tablespoon of Chipotle Honey Cream, top with the burger, avocado, and grilled onion, close the sandwich and enjoy!
- To make Chipotle Honey Cream: blend Crema Mexicana Agria, chipotle peppers with Adobo sauce, and honey. Allow to rest in refrigerator. When ready to serve, spread sauce on bun.