Chorizo Meatballs a la Cacique
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 (9oz) package of Cacique® Chorizo (Beef, Pork or Soy)
- ½ pound ground chuck
- ¼ onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 Tbsp. dried mint
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 4 Tbsp. Cacique® Crema Mexicana Agria
- 2 chipotle peppers with 2 Tbsp. Adobo sauce
- 4 Tbsp. honey
HOW TO MAKE IT
- To make the meatballs, place all the ingredients into a large bowl. Using your hands, blend the ingredients thoroughly and make balls the size of a golf ball or any size you prefer. Refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the meatballs on a cookie sheet and bake for about 20 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked all the way through.
- To make Chipotle Honey Cream: blend Crema Mexicana Agria, chipotle peppers with Adobo sauce, and honey. Allow to rest in refrigerator. When ready to serve, spread sauce on bun.