Chorizo Mini Tortas with Caramelized Onion Crema
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 package (10 oz.) Cacique® Beef Chorizo
- ½ package (5 oz.) Cacique® Cotija, crumbled
- 1 lb ground beef (4% fat is best)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 12 – 18 mini slider buns
- 1 cup Cacique® Crema Mexicana
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- Salt, to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove chorizo from casing and combine with ground beef and egg in a mixing bowl. Work mixture with your hands until well combined. Crumble the cheese in a separate bowl. Form meat mixture into 12 – 18 thick patties, using a ¼ cup measuring cup as a scoop. In the center of each patty, carefully conceal 1 teaspoon of crumbled Cotija . Make sure the cheese is completely sealed by the meat.
- Sear in a sauté pan for about 1 minute on each side, then move to a baking dish. Bake in 350°F oven for about 10 minutes, or until patties are cooked completely through to well-done.
- Crema sauce: To caramelize onions, add the diced onion to heated oil. Stir frequently until the onions become tender and lightly brown. Once onions are cool, combine all ingredients and allow to rest in the refrigerator. Spread some on the bun, then top with the burger and serve.