Chorizo Old Fashioned
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 oz. Cacique Pork Chorizo oil
- 1 bottle of Mexican Whiskey (2 oz. per drink)
- 6 drops Angostura bitters
- .25 oz. rich simple syrup
- Orange & lemon peels
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Cook the Cacique Pork Chorizo to render the fat, and reserve 1 oz. Mix into a bottle of Mexican whiskey and infuse by leaving at room temperature for 4 hours. Next, once infused, place bottle in the freezer overnight.
- Once the fat has separated in the freezer, strain over two coffee sheets to remove.
- Combined 2 oz. of infused Mexican Whiskey with remaining ingredients, and stir with ice. Pour into a rocks glass over ice. Garnish with oils from orange & lemon peels.